You can remove the watermark from your videos. Just go to preferences in the Plays.tv client.
If you disable watermarks, new videos you record will not have the watermark. We are unable to update old videos that have already been recorded.
Thanks for letting us know how important this issue is to you.
In our next release, you will have the option to remove the water mark completely through preferences in the client. We want you to know we’ve heard your feedback and trying to make these changes as quickly as possible. Here is more history for you:
Two days ago, we released a new version of the Plays.tv client. Part of that release included adding watermarks to your Plays.tv videos when you upload. We got a lot of feedback and we want you to know we are listening and reacting as quickly as we can.
Why did we add the watermark?
- We saw thousands of examples of Plays.tv content shared on other platforms ( Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, etc ) without the creators’ permission
- In many cases our users let us know about Plays.tv clips being used on other sites with no link to the source
- Including our brand helps us spread the word. It lets people know they can create and see more clips just like the one they watched.
We learned a lot from this release and your feedback.
- The watermark was too big. When we saw it live, it was clear to us we could make it smaller. The new version addresses that.
- The username takes up too much space. We included it thinking our users would like the attribution. You’ve told us you prefer it to not be there and we removed it.
- The watermark stood out too much. We’ve toned down the opacity significantly.
If you want to get in touch feel free to contact us using one of the methods below:
Thanks for using Plays.tv