You can remove the watermark from your videos. Just go to preferences in the Plays.tv client.
If you disable watermarks, new videos you record will not have the watermark. We are unable to update old videos that have already been recorded.
Thanks for letting us know how important this issue is to you.
In our next release, you will have the option to remove the water mark completely through preferences in the client. We want you to know we’ve heard your feedback and trying to make these changes as quickly as possible. Here is more history for you:
Two days ago, we released a new version of the Plays.tv client. Part of that release included adding watermarks to your Plays.tv videos when you upload. We got a lot of feedback and we want you to know we are listening and reacting as quickly as we can.
Why did we add the watermark?
- We saw thousands of examples of Plays.tv content shared on other platforms ( Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, etc ) without the creators’ permission
- In many cases our users let us know about Plays.tv clips being used on other sites with no link to the source
- Including our brand helps us spread the word. It lets people know they can create and see more clips just like the one they watched.
We learned a lot from this release and your feedback.
- The watermark was too big. When we saw it live, it was clear to us we could make it smaller. The new version addresses that.
- The username takes up too much space. We included it thinking our users would like the attribution. You’ve told us you prefer it to not be there and we removed it.
- The watermark stood out too much. We’ve toned down the opacity significantly.
If you want to get in touch feel free to contact us using one of the methods below:
Support: PlaysTV Support
Discord: Plays.tv Discord Server
Thanks for using Plays.tv
Share and relive the best moments from your games. Create summaries of entire games instantly with just one click. Key features include:
- A personalized intro showing your Name, Champ, and KDA for the match
- All of your kills from a match stitched together into one video
- Transitions between kills showing the key event that happened
- An end screen showing whether you won or lost the match
- Highlight Reels are created automatically for you. After your match, click one button to create and share highlight reels.
- Highlight Reels disappear after 7 days
Why Highlight Reels Are Awesome
What if you don’t have one clip that stands above the rest? What if you played a great game but there wasn’t a single defining moment? Highlight Reels solves this by letting you share an entire match.
You don’t have to worry about over-posting or spamming your friends. Post a Highlight Reel to your profile and the videos will disappear from your profile after 7 days.
Highlight reels are fun to watch too. Seeing one clip doesn’t always tell a story. When you watch a whole match, you can see how players snowball, get kills, team fight, etc. You see patterns that you’d never see from one clip.
Plays.tv does this automatically for you. We’ve started by rolling this out to League of Legends players. We will launch this for more games soon.
Send Direct is a new way to send your favorite clips just to your friends. You can send your highlights to existing Plays.tv users and/or to your friend’s email addresses. There are lots of good reasons to use Send Direct. Here are a few:
- Your friend did something dumb or embarrassing and you want to share it with just a few friends.
- Maybe you and your friends are just being silly and made a bunch of funny clips.
- You might have had a terrible game and want to share your mistakes with friends so they can help you improve
Whatever your reason, Send Direct makes it easier for you to send videos in a more private way to just your friends.
Add a custom intro personalized to your champ for League of Legends!
- Show off your favorite champion plays in style.
- No matter what you main, you can now add a short intro to your LoL videos that features the champion played.
- Sometimes showing is better than telling, check it out (page refresh may be needed):
- If an automatic bookmark was selected, the type of highlight will display (for example: kill, assist, etc.)
- Here’s where the toggle lives for those interested:
- React to videos with a bit more emotion now. Let people know you more than Like them; you Fire Like them.
- Choose to laugh, cry, or thinking_face when all else fails. There’s more too!
- Unlisted videos no longer show up for others on your profile page; only you (and you alone).
- 56 more stickers added for your video decorating needs.
- Fixed some DX12 issues.
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking some client buttons lead to a maximized window.
Browsing videos and customizing your recording experience just got easier
- Check out the new Explore pages:
- The main page has a bird’s eye view of the hottest videos.
- Each game also gets it’s own page to narrow things down: from Overwatch to ETS2.
- Your preferences have a shiny new update:
- The menu has a new full-sized, night-themed UI.
- Push-to-Talk has been added to Audio; no more ambient background noise added to your videos, unless you’re into that sort of thing.
- Manage Applications gives you real authority over which games get recorded, and which don’t.
- In-Game Overlay has more info and control over what you see, or keep it minimal. The power is yours!
Personalize your feed with your favorite game stuff
- You can follow your favorite games like Overwatch, LoL…or Duck Game (yup, we’ve got that one too).
- Need more mushrooms? Follow your favorite champs like Teemo. Armed and ready.
- Because You Played: Playing your favorite games will now bring you even more awesome content directly to your feed. This includes new recommendations for heroes and champions you play.
Bug Fix Highlights:
- Support for pins integration for the League of Legends Beta client.
- Auto update: The latest version of the Plays.tv client is available. “Just click here to restart Plays.tv to upgrade.”
- Overwatch integration and automated bookmarks are currently not working since Overwatch patch on 12/13/2016. We are currently investigating this issue.
Now you can easily see what’s going on with the games and gamers you care about. Our latest client update adds highlights from your friends, pros, and other gamers — even trending videos from the game you just played — directly into the new Plays.tv client!
And of course, your session videos are still there; just click on one from the list at the left to open up the timeline view and share your own highlights.
- Easily preview your highlight reel after selecting multiple clips
- Adjustments to highlight clip length will be remembered after restarting the client
- Quickly access your Plays.tv Home feed from a new button on the left panel
See what’s new in the latest Plays.tv website update: Continue reading Release Notes: Plays.tv web 12/9/2015