Browsing videos and customizing your recording experience just got easier
- Check out the new Explore pages:
- The main page has a bird’s eye view of the hottest videos.
- Each game also gets it’s own page to narrow things down: from Overwatch to ETS2.
- Your preferences have a shiny new update:
- The menu has a new full-sized, night-themed UI.
- Push-to-Talk has been added to Audio; no more ambient background noise added to your videos, unless you’re into that sort of thing.
- Manage Applications gives you real authority over which games get recorded, and which don’t.
- In-Game Overlay has more info and control over what you see, or keep it minimal. The power is yours!
We’ve got a lot to cover, so let’s get started.
- Manage which applications get recorded. Now you don’t have to record all your Hatoful Boyfriend sessions!
- New status bar overlay helps you keep track of your recording time and bookmark hotkey (you can also turn it off for that minimalist look).
- Push-to-Talk is in! Choose when people hear your lovely voice.
For more details on those additions and more, let’s dive in.
Continue reading New Preferences: Lots of changes, but we’ve got pics!
Back in November 2016, we released Overwatch Smart Highlights, which is our replay system that automatically records your Overwatch matches and tags key moments like eliminations, resurrections, and PotGs. This was one of our favorite features we launched and we received a lot of positive feedback from the Plays.tv community.
In December 2016, Blizzard released a new update for Overwatch which changed the way in-game information was communicated. As a result, we lost the ability to identify key moments and in-game data (maps, heroes, ranks). We’ve spent a lot of time trying to find a workaround but we don’t have one yet and we don’t think we will anytime soon.
It’s not all bad news though. If you play other games like League of Legends, CS:GO, and DotA2, we still support Smart Highlights. For Overwatch, we still support automatic recording of your entire session, hotkeys to bookmark moments in-game, and the ability to clip videos and share them easily. So even if you weren’t selected for Overwatch’s PotG, you can easily share your best plays with Plays.tv.
In 2017 we’re going to keep working as hard as we can to make Plays.tv the best place to replay matches and share highlights for all of your favorite games. Stay tuned!
tl;dr – Overwatch Smart Highlights are no longer working on Plays.tv and to be honest, we’re really bummed about it.
It’s the new year and we’re cooking up lots of new ideas for what we can launch in 2017. One of the ideas we are looking into was inspired by videos from DeGuN. The video below has music, sounds, icons and animations. We think it’s pretty cool.
If you have any feedback or feature requests, tell us what you think in the comments below.
Thank you for making 2016 a great year for Plays.tv. You’ve shared awesome team fights, payload pushes, and hilarious reactions on our platform. Here are some of our favorites:
BACK PROBLEMS: BEST HARD CARRY
In the right hands, Widowmaker can be a force to be reckoned with! Lmttz shows us how it’s done by single-handedly eliminating ten targets with deadly precision.
A gentle choir serenades the enemy team as xFSN_Saber secures a devastating pentakill.
KSZNE brought a knife to a gun fight – and almost woke the neighbors.
FULL HAM: FUNNIEST VIDEO
Riley lends a helping-bullet to a player in need.
Sometimes, your support needs support. Willykil narrowly escapes falling to his death with the help of his quick-thinking teammates.
All we can say is “Wow!” Don’t pick a fight with DeGuN because you may end up in his next montage!
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK: BEST TEAM
You can’t carry if you’re dead. If I had teammates like this, I’d be out of Wood League for sure.
These guys make dribbling look easy as they hop circles around the enemy team. #GlobeTrotters
IT’S NOT LUCK, IT’S SKILL: LUCKIEST PLAYER
Morgana had two wins and two losses in gold promos. Her team was way behind, so the enemy team decided to lend a helping hand.
When in doubt, you just gotta fire and hope for the best.
CLOWN FIESTA: BEST WTF MOMENT
Be Vewy Vewy Qwiet. I’m Hunting Tewowists.
xSzopen definitely has the “heart of the cards”. With his lucky draw, he’s able to slowly and painfully kill his opponent in one turn.
SPAGHETTI CODE: BEST GLITCH
When Bandit Thugs get bored, they’ll do just about anything to entertain themselves.
Who needs to walk when you can swim?
A big thank you to the Plays.tv community for sharing so many of your game highlights. We look forward to more in 2017!
And remember to download the Plays.tv client – The best way to replay your games and share highlights with friends.
We’re very excited to announce a partnership between Plays.tv and FACEIT!
We love competitive gamers and communities that help them succeed. That makes Plays.tv and FACEIT perfect teammates.
There’s a lot to love about FACEIT.
It’s the place to be for online tournaments in a growing roster of competitive games. Now with Plays.tv integration, your point-of-view match highlights can show up on your FACEIT profile and match pages.
Here’s how you do it:
- Link your Plays.tv and FACEIT accounts
- Record your gameplay during FACEIT tournaments with Plays.tv
- Upload match highlights you want to show off
That’s it. Your videos section on FACEIT will display match highlights on the match page, and player highlights on your profile page. Browse your friends and teammates best moments as well to learn and cheer together.
Personalize your feed with your favorite game stuff
- You can follow your favorite games like Overwatch, LoL…or Duck Game (yup, we’ve got that one too).
- Need more mushrooms? Follow your favorite champs like Teemo. Armed and ready.
- Because You Played: Playing your favorite games will now bring you even more awesome content directly to your feed. This includes new recommendations for heroes and champions you play.
Bug Fix Highlights:
- Support for pins integration for the League of Legends Beta client.
- Auto update: The latest version of the Plays.tv client is available. “Just click here to restart Plays.tv to upgrade.”
- Overwatch integration and automated bookmarks are currently not working since Overwatch patch on 12/13/2016. We are currently investigating this issue.
The top destination for gameplay footage, Plays.tv now brings its Smart Highlights experience to the Overwatch community.
Download and run the latest Plays.tv client and you’ll get automatically recorded match videos tagged with in-game events like:
- Play of the Game
These detailed event tags make finding your best plays easier than ever. Upload and share your videos with friends and other members of the Plays.tv Overwatch community. When you’re done, see how others are playing the same heroes. With us, every play can be your Play of the Game!
Have you been enjoying our newest addition to Plays.tv?
We’re working hard to connect you with awesome, relevant gaming moments. So now, you’ll get video recommendations in your Feed based on the games that you’re currently playing.
Just keep running the Plays.tv client while you play, and your experience will become more personalized over time. It’s a great way to keep up with the latest antics and highlights of the games you play the most. Meanwhile, we’re always there to help you capture your own gaming footage to share.
The Rocket League Championship Series was incredible! To celebrate the hype, we are excited to include Rocket League as the newest game to use our Smart Highlights feature. Now Plays.tv will automatically bookmark all goals in a match to make finding your best plays easier than ever. Continue reading Plays.tv now auto-bookmarks Rocket League goals