Add a custom intro personalized to your champ for League of Legends!
- Show off your favorite champion plays in style.
- No matter what you main, you can now add a short intro to your LoL videos that features the champion played.
- Sometimes showing is better than telling, check it out (page refresh may be needed):
- If an automatic bookmark was selected, the type of highlight will display (for example: kill, assist, etc.)
- Here’s where the toggle lives for those interested:
- React to videos with a bit more emotion now. Let people know you more than Like them; you Fire Like them.
- Choose to laugh, cry, or thinking_face when all else fails. There’s more too!
- Unlisted videos no longer show up for others on your profile page; only you (and you alone).
- 56 more stickers added for your video decorating needs.
- Fixed some DX12 issues.
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking some client buttons lead to a maximized window.
Without content creators we wouldn’t have so many great videos to watch. We want to reward those that go the extra mile and want them to be recognized for their efforts.
Let us know what you would want out of a partner program so we can make it awesome. Fill out the following and we may contact you for more detailed info on what you’d benefit from the most. Continue reading Wish Plays.tv Had a Partner Program? Help Us Get Started
UPDATE: Amazon Web Services has fixed the issue and we are back to normal.
Hey everyone! Wanted to give you a heads up on some web issues we are having today. We use Amazon Web Services (“AWS”), to host content like videos and images for Plays.tv. AWS is experiencing “Increased Error Rates” today.
Plays.tv will still automatically record your games and let you replay them. But you may have problems with watching and uploading videos to Plays.tv. Here’s the latest status from AWS:
Increased Error Rates
Update at 10:33 AM PST: We’re continuing to work to remediate the availability issues for Amazon S3 in US-EAST-1. AWS services and customer applications depending on S3 will continue to experience high error rates as we are actively working to remediate the errors in Amazon S3.
For more info and up-to-date status: AWS Health Dashboard. Please send flowers, cards, and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Browsing videos and customizing your recording experience just got easier
- Check out the new Explore pages:
- The main page has a bird’s eye view of the hottest videos.
- Each game also gets it’s own page to narrow things down: from Overwatch to ETS2.
- Your preferences have a shiny new update:
- The menu has a new full-sized, night-themed UI.
- Push-to-Talk has been added to Audio; no more ambient background noise added to your videos, unless you’re into that sort of thing.
- Manage Applications gives you real authority over which games get recorded, and which don’t.
- In-Game Overlay has more info and control over what you see, or keep it minimal. The power is yours!
We’ve got a lot to cover, so let’s get started.
- Manage which applications get recorded. Now you don’t have to record all your Hatoful Boyfriend sessions!
- New status bar overlay helps you keep track of your recording time and bookmark hotkey (you can also turn it off for that minimalist look).
- Push-to-Talk is in! Choose when people hear your lovely voice.
For more details on those additions and more, let’s dive in.
Continue reading New Preferences: Lots of changes, but we’ve got pics!
Back in November 2016, we released Overwatch Smart Highlights, which is our replay system that automatically records your Overwatch matches and tags key moments like eliminations, resurrections, and PotGs. This was one of our favorite features we launched and we received a lot of positive feedback from the Plays.tv community.
In December 2016, Blizzard released a new update for Overwatch which changed the way in-game information was communicated. As a result, we lost the ability to identify key moments and in-game data (maps, heroes, ranks). We’ve spent a lot of time trying to find a workaround but we don’t have one yet and we don’t think we will anytime soon.
It’s not all bad news though. If you play other games like League of Legends, CS:GO, and DotA2, we still support Smart Highlights. For Overwatch, we still support automatic recording of your entire session, hotkeys to bookmark moments in-game, and the ability to clip videos and share them easily. So even if you weren’t selected for Overwatch’s PotG, you can easily share your best plays with Plays.tv.
In 2017 we’re going to keep working as hard as we can to make Plays.tv the best place to replay matches and share highlights for all of your favorite games. Stay tuned!
tl;dr – Overwatch Smart Highlights are no longer working on Plays.tv and to be honest, we’re really bummed about it.
It’s the new year and we’re cooking up lots of new ideas for what we can launch in 2017. One of the ideas we are looking into was inspired by videos from DeGuN. The video below has music, sounds, icons and animations. We think it’s pretty cool.
If you have any feedback or feature requests, tell us what you think in the comments below.
Thank you for making 2016 a great year for Plays.tv. You’ve shared awesome team fights, payload pushes, and hilarious reactions on our platform. Here are some of our favorites:
BACK PROBLEMS: BEST HARD CARRY
In the right hands, Widowmaker can be a force to be reckoned with! Lmttz shows us how it’s done by single-handedly eliminating ten targets with deadly precision.
A gentle choir serenades the enemy team as xFSN_Saber secures a devastating pentakill.
KSZNE brought a knife to a gun fight – and almost woke the neighbors.
FULL HAM: FUNNIEST VIDEO
Riley lends a helping-bullet to a player in need.
Sometimes, your support needs support. Willykil narrowly escapes falling to his death with the help of his quick-thinking teammates.
All we can say is “Wow!” Don’t pick a fight with DeGuN because you may end up in his next montage!
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK: BEST TEAM
You can’t carry if you’re dead. If I had teammates like this, I’d be out of Wood League for sure.
These guys make dribbling look easy as they hop circles around the enemy team. #GlobeTrotters
IT’S NOT LUCK, IT’S SKILL: LUCKIEST PLAYER
Morgana had two wins and two losses in gold promos. Her team was way behind, so the enemy team decided to lend a helping hand.
When in doubt, you just gotta fire and hope for the best.
CLOWN FIESTA: BEST WTF MOMENT
Be Vewy Vewy Qwiet. I’m Hunting Tewowists.
xSzopen definitely has the “heart of the cards”. With his lucky draw, he’s able to slowly and painfully kill his opponent in one turn.
SPAGHETTI CODE: BEST GLITCH
When Bandit Thugs get bored, they’ll do just about anything to entertain themselves.
Who needs to walk when you can swim?
A big thank you to the Plays.tv community for sharing so many of your game highlights. We look forward to more in 2017!
And remember to download the Plays.tv client – The best way to replay your games and share highlights with friends.